Texans Love 2020 Kia Telluride, it’s Just Bigger!
2019 Kia Stinger GTS Limited Edition in New York
KIA STINGER ENTHUSIASTS REJOICE
Limited Edition Stinger GTS Breaks Cover In New York with Dynamic AWD Tech, Racier Looks
- Newly developed dynamic all-wheel-drive system adds drift mode
- Bright orange paint color and genuine carbon fiber parts enhance the GTS treatment
- Limited production
NEW YORK, April 17, 2019 – Since its debut nearly two years ago, the Kia Stinger has quickly become a crowd favorite, and at the New York International Auto Show, Kia Motors America gave driving purists yet another compelling reason to check out Kia’s highest performing sport sedan. Limited to just 800 units, the special edition Stinger GTS1 punches up its on-road prowess with a newly developed dynamic all-wheel drive system2 (D-AWD) that inspires more spirited driving. With sport-inspired styling elements including genuine carbon fiber parts and a splashy new color that demands even more attention, the limited edition GTS is the one automotive enthusiasts will be lining up to drive.
Closing the Gap
During its short time on the market, the Stinger has established itself as a true competitor in the sport sedan segment with performance figures strong enough to embarrass its German rivals. Along the way, it has also redefined the Kia brand and consumer perception. But with all the praise and accolades the Stinger has received, Albert Biermann, head of research and development, strived for more. The result is a new version of the Stinger’s all-wheel-drive system peppered with rear-wheel drive DNA. Dubbed D-AWD, the system has been tweaked to close the gap in behavior between the AWD-equipped and RWD-equipped Stinger GT.
- Mechanical limited slip rear differential is added to the D-AWD system, which is designed to enhance traction and distribute power more evenly between the rear wheels when slip is detected
- Drive Mode Select amplifies rear-biased dynamics
- Comfort mode sends 60 percent of power to the rear for the feeling of stability
- Sport mode sends 80 percent of power to the rear for more spirited driving
- Drift mode sends up to 100 percent of power to the rear wheels and holds gears without upshifting
- New Control Logic
- Slip Control and Counter Steer Detection
- Transmission Shift Pattern
- Stability Control
Available in either D-AWD or RWD, the Stinger GTS maintains the Stinger GT’s potent powertrain underneath the hood.
- 3-liter V6 twin turbo
- 365 horsepower
- 376 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed automatic transmission
The Hot Spot in the Stinger Lineup
Aside from what lies beneath, the GTS shows it’s not your average Stinger thanks to a number of exterior and interior enhancements tailored to make it look ready for time on the track or carving hairpin turns.
Exterior enhancements include:
- Exclusive “Federation” premium orange paint color
- Genuine carbon fiber parts that outline the signature tiger-nose grille, side mirror caps, and side vents
- GTS rear emblem
- Center Stinger emblem replaces the Kia logo on the trunk lid for more custom appearance
Inside, the Stinger GTS adds more premium materials befitting of a true driver’s car.
- The steering wheel and center console swathed in Alcantara®3
- Headliner blanketed in premium suede-like Chamude®4
Handsomely and Affordably Equipped
Value continues to be pillar for the Stinger GTS, with lots of tech, creature comforts, and driver assistance systems5. As part of the GTS treatment, the limited edition fastback includes:
- 720-watt Harman/Kardon6premium audio system with QuantumLogic7 and Clari-Fi8 signal enhancing technology
- Wireless charger for compatible smartphones
Keeping it competitive, the Stinger GTS hits the sweet spot in terms of pricing. With a start of production planned for this spring, the limited edition GTS is expected to have an MSRP9 starting around $44,000 for RWD and around $46,500 for D-AWD.
Press Release Information Notice
Kia and Gateway Kia of Quakertown makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in its press releases is accurate at the time of posting. However, Kia and Gateway Kia of Quakertown makes no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of the content presented. Kia and Gateway Kia of Quakertown may, from time to time, update press releases, issue new releases, or publish other information to reflect new information.
1 Stinger GTS is expected in Spring 2019 with limited availability.
2 No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver error and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely
3 Alcantara is a registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A
4 Chamude is a registered trademark of Kolon Industries, Inc
5 Driver assistance systems are not substitutes for safe driving, and may not detect all objects around the vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
6 Harman/Kardon is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
7 QuantumLogic is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
8 Clari-Fi is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
9 MSRP excludes destination and handling, taxes, title, license fees, options and retailer charges. Actual prices set by retailer and may vary.
More from Gateway Kia Quakertown
World Debut of the 2020 Kia Soul: Los Angeles, CA.
2019 Chicago Auto Show Debuts the 2020 Kia Sportage
An SUV with European design and rugged capability
- New front and rear fascias add more aggressive flair
- Updated option package enhancements add comfort and convenience features
- New S trim includes sporty exterior and interior design elements
CHICAGO, February 7, 2019 – The refreshed 2020 Kia Sportage made its debut in the Windy City today, boasting a bold new look, a new S trim, more convenience and available driver-assist features, and a standard 8-inch touchscreen for LX, S, and EX variants. Following the introduction of the upcoming Telluride1, Kia’s largest SUV, the Sportage appeals to those who don’t need or want the space of a larger vehicle but place a high value on Kia’s cutting-edge design, available AWD2 capability and convenience. Set to go on sale in the first half of 20193, pricing will be announced closer to the vehicle’s on-sale date.
The design language around Sportage has always been distinctly European and the 2020 model carries on the tradition. From the first pencil stroke, it was meant to convey the kind of presence associated with sweeping, thought-provoking curves and an equally aggressive stance.
The significant exterior design changes for 2020 include:
- New headlights with available LED turn indicators
- Redesigned projector-beam fog lights
- Available LED headlights with available LED fog lights
- New front grille, bumper, air intake, and skid plate
- Newly designed 17-, 18-, and 19-inch alloy wheels
- A redesigned rear bumper and skid plate
- New exhaust tip design
- Redesigned tail light trim
- A new metallic Steel Grey exterior color
The 2020 Sportage interior design is lightly enhanced and includes:
- New available SOFINO leatherette seating surfaces
- Standard 8-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay4and Android Auto5, available modem-enabled telematics6, and available navigation7
- The newly designed steering wheel and vent bezels
- Available smartphone wireless charging tray8
Engineered for Confident Capability
Along with the new S trim, Sportage is offered in LX, EX and SX variants in either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Two engines are available: a 2.4-liter GDI producing 181 horsepower and 175 lb.-ft. or torque or a 2.0-liter turbo GDI that’s good for up to 2409 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
New to the Sportage is a number of available drivers assist features:
- Driver Attention Warning10
- Lane Keeping Assist11
- Smart Cruise Control with Start & Stop11
- Forward Collision Assist with pedestrian detection11
- High beam assist12
For more information and latest updates on the 2020 Kia Sportage, please contact your Gateway Kia Quakertown PA sales representatives. Gateway Kia Quakertown PA practices a “perfect delivery process” to ensure you receive an exceptional customer experience. Visit Gateway Kia of Quakertown, our representatives are qualified to assist you with all your Kia needs.
* The Sorento and Optima GDI (S, EX, SX, and certain LX Trims only) are assembled in the United States from the U.S. and globally sourced parts.
1 The 2020 Telluride is expected in spring 2019 with limited availability.
2 No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver error and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely.
3 The 2020 Sportage is expected in spring 2019 with limited availability.
4 Apple CarPlay™ is a trademark of Apple Inc. Requires a compatible Apple device sold separately. Apple CarPlay™ runs on your smartphone cellular data service. Data plan rates apply.
5 The vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android-compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
7 Distracted driving can result in a loss of vehicle control. When operating a vehicle, never use a vehicle system that takes your focus away from safe vehicle operation. Navigation is for information purposes only, and Kia does not make any warranties about the accuracy of the information.
8 Charging system only works with select devices. Refer to the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for warnings and instructions.
9 SX Turbo with AWD has 237 horsepower.
10 Driver Attention Warning is not a substitute for safe driving and may not detect all instances of driver fatigue or inattentive driving practices. Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation could result in loss of vehicle control. Always drive safely and use caution.
11 These features are not substitutes for safe driving, and may not detect all objects surrounding the vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
12 High Beam Assist is not a substitute for safe driving practices. Always check road conditions and use caution.
More from Gateway Kia Quakertown
2020 Kia Telluride: A Three-row SUV Designed for America
The three-row SUV market has a new competitor the 2020 Kia Telluride -this is our review. We were first informed last year that the Kia Telluride release date would be later this year, but surprise… the big, bold, and boxy luxury SUV is here in the US and soon to be displayed in February 2019 at Gateway Kia in Quakertown PA. Since its September 2018 debut at Fashion Week, SUV shoppers have been flooding Kia dealers in PA with inquiries asking “when is the Kia Telluride coming out.” So, if you are in the market for an SUV, contact us to schedule a test drive in the 2020 Kia Telluride.
As an automotive manufacturer, Kia has an excellent track record with more than several of its crossovers and SUVs. It is a company best known for producing fuel-efficient cars. So, it’s not unreasonable critics believe the Telluride may be a step outside of Kia’s comfort zone. Nevertheless, venturing into the American mid and full-sized SUV market is a challenge for any manufacturer, even “The Big Three” car companies, General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler are challenged annually for leadership. And this year, they have their hands full with Kia’s new addition, the 2020 Telluride.
What makes the 2020 Kia Telluride a strong contender in America is that it’s a large three-row eight-seater SUV. Let’s break-down some of the Telluride options common to many SUVs, and then reveal the more unique features Kia used to raise the “American standard.” But first, a little introduction about its birth and the answer to “when is the Kia Telluride coming out.”
2020 Kia Telluride: Designed in America for Americans
Kia promotes the Telluride as “Designed in America for America.” So, the 2020 Telluride is the first Kia designed particularly for Americans and is out of the Kia Design Center in Irvine, CA. The SUV is designed with the legendary SUV concept in mind (big, bold and boxy), with the ability to go-anywhere and do-anything their “burly-shouldered shapes suggested.” But don’t think the Telluride lacks sophistication. The exterior suggests a luxurious interior through specific body accents. As Kia remarks, the Telluride includes:
- Long, broad hood and wide grille
- Bold, stacked headlamps convey power and stability
- Upright windshield and clean side profile conveys muscular tension
- Inverted “L” tail lamps with LED stripes
- Sculpted rear skid plate with integrated twin exhaust tips
Inside, the 2020 Telluride interior is designed to compete with upscale luxury vehicles:
- Grab handles integrated into the center console
- Wide console emphasizing the horizontal by artistic use of premium trim features
- Spacious cabin for generous hip, shoulder, leg, and headroom, including in the third row
That all sounds great right? Well, that’s not all! And, if you want to see the Telluride for yourself, schedule an appointment today with Gateway Kia in Quakertown PA because the answer to “when is the Kia Telluride coming out” is -this February 2019.
Engineered to be Confident and Capable
Telluride is engineered as a proficient SUV offering an ability to handle variations of driving conditions. These variations contribute to the driving experience enjoyable by all and with total confidence. Some of the many options that giving rise to the Telluride’s ride and overall performance are an Atkinson Cycle LAMBDA II 3.8L V6 GDI engine, which produces 291 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 262 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm. A V6 powerhouse coupled to the 8-speed automatic transmission, delivering power through the front wheels (or all wheels) and a self-leveling rear suspension, makes the Telluride a formidable American market contender.
Designed for Adventure in Elegance, Sophistication, and Technology
According to Kia, they framed the Telluride interior within an upscale theme, so the cabin has a bounty of high-quality materials, consideration to details, and a host of available features promoting ease-of-use and convenience. Just to name a few:
- Double-stitched, quilted and extra-padded Nappa leather trim upholstery
- Interior hooks to keep packs and bags off the floor and away from feet
- Available heated and ventilated first and second-row seats
- Ceiling-mounted second-row climate control
- Reclining third-row seats
- Leather-wrapped, heated, tilt and telescoping steering wheel
As with all Kia models, the 2020 Telluride includes the “Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems. Unsurprisingly, it’s packed with some really cool advanced high-tech automotive technology. Amongst the long list of standard and optional equipment, here are some highlights:
- Available 10.25-inch color touchscreen with rearview monitor and parking guidance
- Available 630-watt, 10-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system (AM/FM/SiriusXM8) with Quantum Logic Surround Sound and Clari-FiApple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Available wireless smartphone charging
- Available six total USB charging ports – two in each row. Five ports are standard
- Available multi-Bluetooth wireless connectivity allows two phones to connect simultaneously
And if that doesn’t get your attention, the Kia Telluride may be equipped with a full collection of technologies and Kia driver-assistance systems that make Kia most attractive. Some of these options are a first for any of Kia’s SUV. Keep in mind, the following list is in addition to the lengthy list of standard features and option designed into the 2020 Telluride:
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (BCA-R)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA)
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA)
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Driver Talk
- Quiet Mode
- Rear Occupant Alert
Telluride will be available in four trims, LX, EX, S and SX with an option of front-wheel or all-wheel drive. We’ll go into more details at a later date after the Telluride arrives in our showroom. Again, if you’re wondering when is the Kia Telluride is coming out, it’s this February 2019. Contact us today for a premier viewing on our showroom floor!
More from Gateway Kia Quakertown
What song is in the new Kia Forte commercial?
2017 Kia Sorento Release Date
Every year automotive brands like Kia work to update their lineups to include new editions of vehicles. It is always exciting to see what has changed from year-to-year. Today we’re going to help you learn more about the 2017 Kia Sorento release date and what you can expect from this new model.
What’s new with the 2017 Kia Sorento?
The Sorento is Kia’s midsize crossover option. It has a variety of exciting updates and new features just waiting to be explored. The first thing to notice about the all-new Sorento is its exterior style. It is the most refined model yet with smooth striking lines and features. It also includes a larger signature tiger-nose grille and Projector Beam Headlights. It also has available High-Intensity Discharge (HID), Projector Beam Headlights with Auto-Leveling to help you see and be seen on the road, no matter what time of day it is.
When will the 2017 Kia Sorento be available?
The 2017 Sorento also has improved performance capabilities. It is now available with Dynamax All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system that delivers a smooth, refined drive even on bumpy roads. The Sorento also has three different engine options. The first is the fuel-efficient 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine, the next is the 2.0-liter turbo engine with impressive performance and the last option is the 3.3-liter V6 AWD engine that is able to tow up to 5,000-pounds when properly equipped.
The 2017 Sorento also has more optional features to choose from, including a windshield de-icer, rear camera display, heated front seats, automatic climate control, dual zone temperature control, 60/40 split-folding rear seats and more!
Read More: 2017 Kia Cadenza Release Date
If you are interested in learning more about the 2017 Kia Sorento, it is available now at Gateway Kia of Quakertown. Call or visit us today to ask any further questions or to schedule a test drive. Come see what other drivers already love about the Sorento.