Archive for the ‘New Vehicles’ Category
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 28, 2018 – At the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show, Kia Motors America (KMA) introduced a better way to roll with the world debut of the all-new 2020 Soul, a completely new yet familiar version of Kia’s beloved and award-winning urban runabout. Taking everything that helped popularize the quirky, unconventionally styled subcompact, Kia Motors poured more of its soul into nearly every inch of the vehicle, resulting in a third-generation that continues to transcend unmatched style, peppy performance, thrilling technology, and urban practicality.
“The Soul has been a massive success since its introduction to the U.S. market, blowing its (now defunct) rivals out of the water and establishing itself as an automotive icon with its fun-loving character and eccentric style,” said Orth Hedrick, executive director of Car Planning and Telematics. “Even with an entirely new generation of competitors now crowding the marketplace, we are confident the all-new Soul will once again prove to be a tough contender given its unparalleled style and impressive level of invigorating technology and customization options.”
Proving the point that “there is a Soul for everyone,” the normally aspirated and optionally turbocharged Soul is available in six trim levels – LX, S, X-Line, GT-Line, EX, “EX Designer Collection” – plus the all-new Soul EV (outlined in a separate press release). Pricing will be available closer to the expected on-sale date in the first half of next year.
2020 Kia Soul: Design Beyond the Box
While the Soul stays true to its design heritage with its boxy silhouette and confident stance, its newly sculpted lines, cutting-edge details, and technical lighting elements present the most futuristic, youthful and innovative Soul yet.
New exterior design highlights include:
- High-tech front headlight configuration with connecting trim piece accentuates the width
- Slim-design daytime running lights and turn signal indicators
- Larger front grille with unique two-tone treatment
- Front fenders add volume to clean and smooth surfaces
- Roof rack mounting points
- Three-dimensional wraparound boomerang-shaped taillights
- C-pillars designed to resemble airplane wings
- Signature vertical rear window and “Island” stay true to Soul design heritage
- Distinctive C-pillar garnish features new “Soul” graphic
Music has been an overarching theme for Soul since its inception, and it’s no different this round. For the third generation, designers and engineers turned up the volume on the interior. Drawing inspiration from the “emotional visualization of sound,” the Soul’s interior space is adorned with shapes and textures that reflect acoustic inspired elements to create a full sensory experience.
Interior design highlights include:
- Available sound mood lighting emits soft light from the center door panels and a unique 3D pattern surface on the upper door panels, with the ability to synchronize to the beat of the music playing through the Soul’s audio system
- Sound mood lighting features a rainbow of customizable colors
- Available wireless charging1
- Available dual auto climate control
- Soul’s signature tweeter speakers
SOUL'S HIGHLIGHT – THE MOOD LIGHTING SYSTEM
Since the Kia Soul first arrived on the scene in 2009, it has established a very real and remarkable connection with music. This continues to be a core attribute of the Soul's persona and the volume has been turned up to 11 with a new mood lighting system that tailors the interior ambiance according to a variety of selectable “moods”:
Smart Packaging and Stronger Structure
Despite its compact footprint, the Soul’s boxy dimensions continue to offer up a surprising amount of cargo and passenger space. Slightly longer than before, the 2020 Soul also features more smartly designed packaging in an effort to make accessibility even easier.
- Length: 165.2 in. [+2.2 in.]
- Width: 70.9 in. [unchanged]
- Height: 63.0 in. [unchanged]
- Wheelbase: 102.4 in. [+1.2 in.]
- Legroom (front / rear): 41.1 in./ 38.8 in. [+0.2 in./ – 0.3 in.]
- Headroom without sunroof (front/rear): 39.4 in. / 39.5 in. [-0.2 in./ unchanged]
- Shoulder room (front /rear): 55.5 in. /54.7 in. [unchanged]
- Cargo capacity: 23.8 cu.-ft. [+ 5.0 cu. ft.]
- Wider and lower rear liftgate opening improves ease of loading and unloading
- Easy grip handle on the liftgate
- Dual level cargo board offers flexibility with the ability to accommodate taller items using the lower level setting
- Larger front door openings as a result of sculpted front door panels
The 2020 Soul’s stronger structure benefits from increased use of Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS), hot stamped components, and structural adhesive. With stronger bones, the 2020 Soul is expected to achieve the highest safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Next-Gen Infotainment & Kia Drive Wise Technologies
Recognizing that one’s car is an integral part of their social life, the 2020 Soul continues to surprise and delight with next-gen infotainment and technology.
- Available 10.25-inch HD color touchscreen2with split screen function (standard on EX, GT-Line with turbo engine) and rear view monitor3 and parking guidance
- Android Auto4 and Apple Car Play5
- Bluetooth®6 Multi-Connection – two Bluetooth devices can be connected at the same time
- Available 8-inch Head-Up Display2
- Available 640-watt Harman Kardon7audio system – twice the wattage of current Soul – with an amplifier and 10 speakers including tuned center speaker and subwoofer
Like other newly designed Kia models, the all-new Soul offers a suite of available Kia Drive Wise features8 including:
- Forward Collision Avoidance (FCA) / FCA Pedestrian type
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Changing Assist (LCA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)9
- Blind-spot Collision Warning (BCW)
- Rear Cross Collision Warning (RCW)
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
What Drives You?
Soul enhances its fun-to-drive personality and versatility with different drivetrain combinations. From the all-new 2019 Forte, Kia’s Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) is now available on the 2020 Soul for those who require efficiency with their zip. Designed and built in-house, the IVT is Kia’s unique version of a continuously variable transmission that provides an engaging driving experience.
- 0-liter Nu four-cylinder engine + 6-speed manual transmission or Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT)
- 147 horsepower, 132 lb-ft. of torque
For those that require even more zip, a turbocharged option is also available:
- 6-liter twin-scroll turbocharged I-4 GDI engine + 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
- 201 horsepower, 195 lb. ft of torque
With the Soul’s all-new platform comes a more refined experience behind the wheel and on the road. Engineers designed suspension geometry to help quell noise, vibration, and harshness while also improving handling and comfort in a variety of conditions.
A Soul for Everyone
The 2020 Soul can be outfitted to convey one’s unique sense of style through a variety of customizable options. Aside from the all-new Soul EV that debuts alongside its gasoline counterpart, the Soul offers even more flexibility according to different lifestyles.
- Sporty front and rear fascia
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- P235/45 R18 tires
- Unique side sills and front fascia with red accents
- Integrated fog lights on the front grille
- Gloss black side mirrors
- “GT-Line” badging
- Leather-wrapped D-shaped steering wheel and gearshift knob
- The available 201-HP turbocharged engine
- Chrome tip center exhaust
- Larger disc brakes
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Rugged body kit
- Body cladding
- Overfenders for a chunkier look
- Offroad-inspired accents
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels
- Roof rail inspired accents
- Optional two-tone paint
- Fog lights
EX Designer Collection
- 18-inch alloy wheels with black spokes
- LED headlights and fog lights
- Two-tone roof treatment
- P235/45 R18 tires
For more information and latest updates on the 2020 Kia Soul, please contact your Gateway Kia Quakertown PA sales representatives. Gateway Kia Quakertown PA practices a “perfect delivery process” to ensure you receive an exceptional customer experience. Visit Gateway Kia of Quakertown, our representatives are qualified to assist you with all your Kia needs.
1 Charging system only works with select devices. Refer to the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for warnings and instructions.”
2 Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation could result in loss of vehicle control. Always drive safely and use caution.
2b Distracted driving can result in a loss of vehicle control. When operating a vehicle, never use a vehicle system that takes your focus away from safe vehicle operation.
3 Rear View Monitor is not a substitute for safe driving, and may not display all objects behind the vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
4 The vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android-compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
5 Apple CarPlay™ is a trademark of Apple Inc. Requires a compatible Apple device sold separately. Apple CarPlay™ runs on your smartphone cellular data service. Data plan rates apply.
6 The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc., and any use of such marks by Kia is pursuant to license. A Bluetooth® enabled device is required to use Bluetooth® wireless technology.
An SUV with European design and rugged capability
- New front and rear fascias add more aggressive flair
- Updated option package enhancements add comfort and convenience features
- New S trim includes sporty exterior and interior design elements
CHICAGO, February 7, 2019 – The refreshed 2020 Kia Sportage made its debut in the Windy City today, boasting a bold new look, a new S trim, more convenience and available driver-assist features, and a standard 8-inch touchscreen for LX, S, and EX variants. Following the introduction of the upcoming Telluride1, Kia’s largest SUV, the Sportage appeals to those who don’t need or want the space of a larger vehicle but place a high value on Kia’s cutting-edge design, available AWD2 capability and convenience. Set to go on sale in the first half of 20193, pricing will be announced closer to the vehicle’s on-sale date.
The design language around Sportage has always been distinctly European and the 2020 model carries on the tradition. From the first pencil stroke, it was meant to convey the kind of presence associated with sweeping, thought-provoking curves and an equally aggressive stance.
The significant exterior design changes for 2020 include:
- New headlights with available LED turn indicators
- Redesigned projector-beam fog lights
- Available LED headlights with available LED fog lights
- New front grille, bumper, air intake, and skid plate
- Newly designed 17-, 18-, and 19-inch alloy wheels
- A redesigned rear bumper and skid plate
- New exhaust tip design
- Redesigned tail light trim
- A new metallic Steel Grey exterior color
The 2020 Sportage interior design is lightly enhanced and includes:
- New available SOFINO leatherette seating surfaces
- Standard 8-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay4and Android Auto5, available modem-enabled telematics6, and available navigation7
- The newly designed steering wheel and vent bezels
- Available smartphone wireless charging tray8
Engineered for Confident Capability
Along with the new S trim, Sportage is offered in LX, EX and SX variants in either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Two engines are available: a 2.4-liter GDI producing 181 horsepower and 175 lb.-ft. or torque or a 2.0-liter turbo GDI that’s good for up to 2409 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
New to the Sportage is a number of available drivers assist features:
- Driver Attention Warning10
- Lane Keeping Assist11
- Smart Cruise Control with Start & Stop11
- Forward Collision Assist with pedestrian detection11
- High beam assist12
For more information and latest updates on the 2020 Kia Sportage, please contact your Gateway Kia Quakertown PA sales representatives. Gateway Kia Quakertown PA practices a “perfect delivery process” to ensure you receive an exceptional customer experience. Visit Gateway Kia of Quakertown, our representatives are qualified to assist you with all your Kia needs.
* The Sorento and Optima GDI (S, EX, SX, and certain LX Trims only) are assembled in the United States from the U.S. and globally sourced parts.
1 The 2020 Telluride is expected in spring 2019 with limited availability.
2 No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver error and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely.
3 The 2020 Sportage is expected in spring 2019 with limited availability.
4 Apple CarPlay™ is a trademark of Apple Inc. Requires a compatible Apple device sold separately. Apple CarPlay™ runs on your smartphone cellular data service. Data plan rates apply.
5 The vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android-compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
7 Distracted driving can result in a loss of vehicle control. When operating a vehicle, never use a vehicle system that takes your focus away from safe vehicle operation. Navigation is for information purposes only, and Kia does not make any warranties about the accuracy of the information.
8 Charging system only works with select devices. Refer to the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for warnings and instructions.
9 SX Turbo with AWD has 237 horsepower.
10 Driver Attention Warning is not a substitute for safe driving and may not detect all instances of driver fatigue or inattentive driving practices. Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation could result in loss of vehicle control. Always drive safely and use caution.
11 These features are not substitutes for safe driving, and may not detect all objects surrounding the vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
12 High Beam Assist is not a substitute for safe driving practices. Always check road conditions and use caution.
The three-row SUV market has a new competitor the 2020 Kia Telluride -this is our review. We were first informed last year that the Kia Telluride release date would be later this year, but surprise… the big, bold, and boxy luxury SUV is here in the US and soon to be displayed in February 2019 at Gateway Kia in Quakertown PA. Since its September 2018 debut at Fashion Week, SUV shoppers have been flooding Kia dealers in PA with inquiries asking “when is the Kia Telluride coming out.” So, if you are in the market for an SUV, contact us to schedule a test drive in the 2020 Kia Telluride.
As an automotive manufacturer, Kia has an excellent track record with more than several of its crossovers and SUVs. It is a company best known for producing fuel-efficient cars. So, it’s not unreasonable critics believe the Telluride may be a step outside of Kia’s comfort zone. Nevertheless, venturing into the American mid and full-sized SUV market is a challenge for any manufacturer, even “The Big Three” car companies, General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler are challenged annually for leadership. And this year, they have their hands full with Kia’s new addition, the 2020 Telluride.
What makes the 2020 Kia Telluride a strong contender in America is that it’s a large three-row eight-seater SUV. Let’s break-down some of the Telluride options common to many SUVs, and then reveal the more unique features Kia used to raise the “American standard.” But first, a little introduction about its birth and the answer to “when is the Kia Telluride coming out.”
2020 Kia Telluride: Designed in America for Americans
Kia promotes the Telluride as “Designed in America for America.” So, the 2020 Telluride is the first Kia designed particularly for Americans and is out of the Kia Design Center in Irvine, CA. The SUV is designed with the legendary SUV concept in mind (big, bold and boxy), with the ability to go-anywhere and do-anything their “burly-shouldered shapes suggested.” But don’t think the Telluride lacks sophistication. The exterior suggests a luxurious interior through specific body accents. As Kia remarks, the Telluride includes:
- Long, broad hood and wide grille
- Bold, stacked headlamps convey power and stability
- Upright windshield and clean side profile conveys muscular tension
- Inverted “L” tail lamps with LED stripes
- Sculpted rear skid plate with integrated twin exhaust tips
Inside, the 2020 Telluride interior is designed to compete with upscale luxury vehicles:
- Grab handles integrated into the center console
- Wide console emphasizing the horizontal by artistic use of premium trim features
- Spacious cabin for generous hip, shoulder, leg, and headroom, including in the third row
That all sounds great right? Well, that’s not all! And, if you want to see the Telluride for yourself, schedule an appointment today with Gateway Kia in Quakertown PA because the answer to “when is the Kia Telluride coming out” is -this February 2019.
Engineered to be Confident and Capable
Telluride is engineered as a proficient SUV offering an ability to handle variations of driving conditions. These variations contribute to the driving experience enjoyable by all and with total confidence. Some of the many options that giving rise to the Telluride’s ride and overall performance are an Atkinson Cycle LAMBDA II 3.8L V6 GDI engine, which produces 291 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 262 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm. A V6 powerhouse coupled to the 8-speed automatic transmission, delivering power through the front wheels (or all wheels) and a self-leveling rear suspension, makes the Telluride a formidable American market contender.
Designed for Adventure in Elegance, Sophistication, and Technology
According to Kia, they framed the Telluride interior within an upscale theme, so the cabin has a bounty of high-quality materials, consideration to details, and a host of available features promoting ease-of-use and convenience. Just to name a few:
- Double-stitched, quilted and extra-padded Nappa leather trim upholstery
- Interior hooks to keep packs and bags off the floor and away from feet
- Available heated and ventilated first and second-row seats
- Ceiling-mounted second-row climate control
- Reclining third-row seats
- Leather-wrapped, heated, tilt and telescoping steering wheel
As with all Kia models, the 2020 Telluride includes the “Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems. Unsurprisingly, it’s packed with some really cool advanced high-tech automotive technology. Amongst the long list of standard and optional equipment, here are some highlights:
- Available 10.25-inch color touchscreen with rearview monitor and parking guidance
- Available 630-watt, 10-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system (AM/FM/SiriusXM8) with Quantum Logic Surround Sound and Clari-Fi
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Available wireless smartphone charging
- Available six total USB charging ports – two in each row. Five ports are standard
- Available multi-Bluetooth wireless connectivity allows two phones to connect simultaneously
And if that doesn’t get your attention, the Kia Telluride may be equipped with a full collection of technologies and Kia driver-assistance systems that make Kia most attractive. Some of these options are a first for any of Kia’s SUV. Keep in mind, the following list is in addition to the lengthy list of standard features and option designed into the 2020 Telluride:
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (BCA-R)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA)
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA)
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Driver Talk
- Quiet Mode
- Rear Occupant Alert
Telluride will be available in four trims, LX, EX, S and SX with an option of front-wheel or all-wheel drive. We’ll go into more details at a later date after the Telluride arrives in our showroom. Again, if you’re wondering when is the Kia Telluride is coming out, it’s this February 2019. Contact us today for a premier viewing on our showroom floor!
With new vehicles come new videos that help show them off. These ads help explain new features, but they are also a good form of entertainment. Today we’re going to take a closer look at one of Kia’s most recent ads by answering the question, “What song is in the new Kia Forte commercial?”. (more…)
When you decide it’s time to invest in a new vehicle, you may want to know what the latest models have to offer. It can be challenging to figure out what is new with the most recent models. Today we’re going to help by taking an in-depth look at the 2017 Kia Forte release date, including what new features it has to offer. (more…)
Every year automotive brands like Kia work to update their lineups to include new editions of vehicles. It is always exciting to see what has changed from year-to-year. Today we’re going to help you learn more about the 2017 Kia Sorento release date and what you can expect from this new model. (more…)
Earlier this year Kia made some exciting announcements with a presentation at the New York International Auto Show. All eyes were watching when Kia revealed the second-generation Cadenza. Today we’re going to take a look at the 2017 Kia Cadenza release date and what you can expect from this new edition. (more…)