Warrington Kia Service Tips: Trunk Liftgate Operation
In this article, our Kia Service specialists describe the power trunk liftgate operation. We at Gateway Kia of Warrington understand how details to operating new features and technologies can be overwhelming. Accordingly, Kia dealers collectively strive to educate customers regardless of where the vehicle was purchased. Please be sure to ask your Kia representative to demonstrate the different operations of the trunk liftgate operation during your perfect Kia delivery.
Actual fob or key may appear different while maintaining the same functions
Manual Trunk / Liftgate
Standard Key Fob
- Press and hold [Shaded Button] for more than one second to unlock
- Manually open and raise the Liftgate
- When the Liftgate is closed, it automatically locks
NOTE: The Liftgate simply unlocks when [Shaded area] is pressed and it does not automatically raise
Power Trunk / Liftgate
Smart Key Fob
- Press and hold [Shaded Button] for more than one second to open or close the liftgate
NOTE: The liftgate height is adjustable!
To program the opening height:
- Open liftgate and position it to your preferred opening height by manually stopping the liftgate or by pressing the liftgate close button on the key fob to stop it at the desired position.
- Depress and hold the close button on the liftgate for 3 seconds or more.
- The system will beep two times when the programming is complete.
* If you unlocked your vehicle or opened the rear tailgate by pressing the unlock button on your Remote/ Smart Key, be sure to re-lock your vehicle using the lock button on the Remote/Smart Key before walking away.
NOTE: The tailgate and doors will not require a re-lock if only the liftgate button [Shaded Button] was used.
Smart Trunk / Smart Power Liftgate
Demonstrate Smart Trunk / Smart Liftgate function!
Video link below, explaining Smart Power Liftgate Operation
NOTE: It is possible that some manual trunk lids may stick to the new weatherstrip on initial opening. This is normal and usually due to weather conditions. If the trunk lid still does not open after multiple attempts, see your Warrington Kia Service Specialist. The torsion bar adjustment may need a small adjustment.